zondag 23 maart 2008

And the nominees are...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've been nominated by http://mila-loveology.blogspot.com for the thinking blogger award! Thanks for that, it's quite an honour :) Now it's time to fulfill my duties by answering the next three questions and nominating 5 others.

1. What is the story behind the name of your blog and nickname?
"Soir de fête" is the name of a song, composed by the wonderful Yann Tiersen, that's featured in my favourite movie, le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain. It's a great song, and I also like the idea of this blog being a little party itself. In a way that it's fun and amusing! On top of that, it's French, no further explanation required.
My nickname, onomatopoeia, is the term used to describe words that imitate the sound they're describing, like click and meow. The first time I heard about this term was in second grade, during my first ancient greek class. It's derived from the greek words όνομα and ποιέω and loosely translates as name making. Not only did I love the idea of having words that are created this way but I also liked the word itself. Pretty geeky right? :p

2. What has been your best and worst blogging experience?
The best experience is the fact that I have received so many great comments since I started this blog! I immensely appreciate them and they make blogging much more fun. Which brings me to the contact with fellow bloggers, that too is something I really enjoy. I also love the fact that this blog enables me to have my own inspirational platform, where I can share whatever it is that I want to share with the rest of the world. Whether that would be pretty photographs, or great music.
The worst experience isn't such an easy call. Maybe it's not as much an experience as it is a feeling. Every now and then I tend to write about things that are a bit more personal, like what I did on that certain day, or how I feel about a certain subject. But the thing is, I have a bit of a problem deciding how many posts I want to spend on doing so. Usually I'm a bit of a private person and sometimes I fear that the anonimity that comes with the internet will tempt me into revealing more about certain matters than I'd actually feel comfortable about in the real world. So I'm still looking to find the right balance.

3. What do you think/ want to happen to your blog in 2008?
I seriously haven't got the slightest idea. I will continue blogging as long as I feel like doing so, and if I happen to get enough of the whole thing, then so be it ;) But for the time being I hope to just keep enjoying myself and others by writing this blog!

Time for nominations!
Onesomething
In this style 10/6
Smells like Lon Pardonis
constructive laziness
Allure

4 opmerkingen:

Czina zei

thanks for nomination.
i feel honored!
does it mean i have to nominee others?

mmr zei

no problem! and yes it does ;)

Héloïse J. zei

wow! it's my first one! i feel great :D merci cherie! it will be on my next post :D :D

María zei

I always forget to do it, excuse me for that. I promise I'll do it in the next post.