donderdag 27 maart 2008

Daily Inspiration

Photobucket
The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli
When I was in Paris last January I also visited the Louvre. There I finally got to see some of Sandro Botticelli's work. His paintings are beautiful, especially the birth of Venus. I didn't get to see that one, simply because it's not displayed in the Louvre, but I've been seriously crazy about the painting ever since I first saw a wonderful wallpainting of it at a friends house. It wasn't as good as the original, but still, I adored it. And it's not just the painting I love, it's the story that goes with the painting as well. I might be a little biased since ancient Greek has always been my favourite class in school, but seriously, stories from Greek mythology are fantastic. I can read them over and over again and never get bored.

Geen opmerkingen: